Welcome to http://www.techinformationguide.blogspot .com(http://www.techziba.com)


Hi, My name is Saurabh. I have created this block for all the people whose getting a lot of problems with their computers. I have posted some articles for you, hopefully that will help you for resolve your problem. I will wait for your response.


Thank you in advance and best of luck to all of you .......


Sunday, April 12, 2009

Duplicate Messages in Outlook Express

The best soultion of the day.

My gmail account was configured in outllok and I was getting duplicate emails in outlook express. I tried to following steps to resolve the issue:

You Receive Duplicate Messages When You Download E-Mail from the Server in Outlook Express

Cause:


'Leave messages on server? is checked in account settings of Outlook Express.
This behavior can occur if the Pop3uidl.dbx file is damaged.



Solution:

SUMMARY

To resolve this behavior, rename the Pop3uidl.dbx file, and then restart Outlook Express. Follow these steps:

Close Outlook Express.
Click Start-> Search and then click For Files or Folders.
In the Search for files or folders named box, type Pop3uidl.dbx, and then click Search Now.
Under Search Results, right-click the Pop3uidl.dbx file, and then click Rename.
Type Pop3uidl.old, and then press ENTER.
Restart Outlook Express .


Hopefully, your issue has been resolved.

No comments: